Friday 16 February 2024

 Bow deck, fillets, and a MC Escher stitch and glue sculpture


Today I glued the 2 bow deck pieces using a "Herb Payson" (think he was the "inventor") type fibreglass butt joint - I have never used one before but thought I would try it because it will actually butt against the central U beam in the bow compartment, so I am not worried about its strength or possible lack of strength, but what it should do is help with creating a fair curve which would have been difficult with 2 separate pieces (I used some offcuts as I have ideas for my remaining ply sheets)


then I finished up some fillets under the deck, and lightly sanded some from yesterdays work




and got to work on my MC Escher stitch and glue ply sculpture 😊😊😊😊😊😊






and got to drink a few beers - btw, that big chunk of stainless is for my rudder fittings




No comments:

Post a Comment

  Working on rudder, Stainless, mast step, companionway hatch and lots of small things and of course sanding, and received my NEW epoxy good...