Thursday 6 July 2023

 Hull ready for Full Glass layer

The hull is prepped for the full layer of glass. The final layer of glass on each of the joins was laid down wider than the the last and feathered into the ply using a sander





My new sander -  the last Dewalt sander I have, had a problem with the platen bearing -  granted after 12 years of use and Dewalt say the part is obsolete  - I have however found a  replacement  - it uses a special dry unlubricated bearing, So I had to order 10 pcs, it will take a while to arrive  - so welcome to my new DW, still made in Mexico and the same price or a little cheaper than its older sibling, it does have a better dust bag and extraction - maybe just because it is younger






No comments:

Post a Comment

  Working on rudder, Stainless, mast step, companionway hatch and lots of small things and of course sanding, and received my NEW epoxy good...